Saturday, May 24, 2014

Why on earth "redneck hippie"!??

Or maybe Hillbilly Hippie?

I am not a simple person.  Too often in my life I have felt the need to choose between seemingly opposite and contradictory desires.

Travel to the furthest reaches of the world, or be a stay-at-home, gardening soccer mom?

Mountains or Oceans?

SUV or VW bus?

I've come to realize that God, in His goodness and wisdom, created me with these conflicting desires.  I'm realizing I don't have to choose one at the expense of the other, or live constantly back and forth between the two.  He has the plan to bring them all together in one glorious, messy, beautiful compilation.  

Thus, like Donny and Marie, I'm a little bit country.  And I'm a little bit rock and roll.  I decided to celebrate the paradox.

I had another blog...Me & Si Adventures...it chronicled the early years of my foray into missions with my young daughter as we traipsed across the globe.  Now she is grown up and serving in missions on her own.  So it just doesn't seem right to call it Me & Si Adventures, when it's really just Me.  Me & He Adventures??  Hmm...yeah, no.  I'm blessed to actually still get to have lots and lots of adventures with my Si, but figured it was time to explore new territory.  So here it is.

I suspect this will be a bit more of catch-all...because life encompasses all sorts of things, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment